Sunday, February 1, 2015

Wow. 2 years since I last posted.

Well I decided that I would do this blog thing again. I have been writing in a notebook for my weight loss journey. I have been trying to lose weight for awhile. I cant seem to get it under control. I read a blog post about why people don't succeed. He said that we blame others for why we are over weight. I think I used to but I KNOW it wasn't anyone's fault but my own. I gain a bunch of weight when I got with my husband 14 years ago. I use to be able to eat most anything and not gain weight because I was always walking or riding my bike to get where I wanted. I didn't eat a lot of potatoes unless they were French fries from the Krystal's covered in chili and cheese YUM!, I didn't drink milk or real butter and I didn't have someone to take me where I needed to go until I was with him. No drivers license or car. So the weight slowly packed on. So I have been struggling in vain to lose weight.
   BUT its not his fault. He can eat anything and not gain any weight. Sucks, right!? So I don't blame him. I blame myself.

2013



 I got a gym membership and trainer. I built a lot of muscle mass which increases your weight. Which is fine. I was getting rid of fat but putting on muscle so I was weighing about the same but my clothing size gets smaller.  I like working out. Especially weight training. But the going to the gym is what gets me. I discovered Carb Cycling which seems to work.

2014
 halfway into 2014, my trainer quit. BUMMER! I still had another year of my gym membership so I kept going reluctantly to the gym. I basically got lost in my goals. I also made a plan in 2013 to have cosmetic surgery: breast reduction and tummy tuck in 2014. Well my husband needed to use our taxes to fix his teeth. So that end reward was ripped away which caused me to really go off track. Disappointment doesn't even hit how I felt.  21 day fix was something I picked up and I LOVE this program. learning the right portions and foods to eat helps me since DIET is my biggest problem.
During this year I was able to get to 188!!! I was also in a size 10 and medium shirts. I was so close to being in a size 8 jeans!! I was stuck in the 190s FOREVER. But I have realized once I get to the 180s I think I freak out and stop and gain back the weight. So I think I will just not think about it. I need to weigh myself to keep track of progress but I will only write the number down. I think I will enlist my husband to write it down once I get back to the 190s and then hide it with the date. I don't know. Need to figure out how to NOT freak out. So much stuff happened in 2014. well not A LOT of stuff, just BIG stuff. My oldest started Kindergarten and my baby started preschool. We BOUGHT our first home in August too. So from August until Dec. 31, I gained back all but 10lbs that I lost over the course of 2 years (30lbs). SAD doesn't even begin to describe how this makes me feel.

2015
Now we are in a new year. I made resolutions. Yes, I just said that. Jan 1st I started a detox of sugar. NO sugary junk! The withdrawals were terrible!!! Headaches were the worst!. Once 2 weeks passed by I was beginning to feel better. I started my second round of 21 days fix. This round is the 5th do over of the second round!!! Crazy!!!
I am also officially over the 1 year mark of no soda! NO diet and no regular soda. I also do not use any sweetener in my iced tea. I drink mostly water too. Ever now and then I want a coke or Pepsi but I just don't give in. For the first time in forever I have stuck with something.
Last year, I learned a lot about people I thought were my friends. This isn't the case. I was used. I tend to know when I am being used but I was so desperate for friendship I made a mistake. Wasted money. Luckily I made a portion of the money wasted back. I won't let this happen again. If it means that I am lonely then so be it. My family's financials are more important than friendships.
Last year I also started my daughters Daisy Troop. So fun!!! All the girls and the parents are great.
 
So there you're caught up on my journey.



No comments:

Post a Comment